Truffle hunt in Istria
Discover unique foodie experience in Croatia… Istrian truffles are a food that every experienced gourmet will describe as a supreme gastronomic delight. Istria is home of second largest truffle ever found – 1.3 kg and it was found by Giancarlo Zigante. It is interesting that truffles in Istria can be found all year round. The best Istrian truffles can be found in the Motovun Forest in central Istria, where the moist soil provides ideal conditions for the growth of several truffle species, the River Mirna provides nourishment for their growth, and the various types of oak, which live in symbiosis with truffles, gives them their specific aromas and scents. When you step in Motovun, small city located high up in a hill surround by city walls, you will get a feeling you are in the land of giants..
PRICE (max 7 people): 580,00 €
DURATION: 11 hrs
MEETING POINT: IN THE FRONT OF YOUR HOTEL
AVAILABLE (APRIL – DECEMBER): MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, FRIDAYS
*other languages available on request
**you need to have a ticket and show it on meeting point
– Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle (hotel pick up-drop off)
– English speaking licensed tour guide
– Bottled water in vehicle
– Truffle taste in Motovun
– Tax, organization costs and sale costs
– Truffle hunting in Motovun: 80,00 € / person
– Private expenses
– Food and drink
– The tour operates in all weather conditions. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
– Not recommended for people with mobility issues.
– Truffle season info: black truffle (May-October) – white truffle (September-January)